Rating the Commissioners
So, Roger Goddell has been the NFL commissioner for about...I dunno, 3 and a half hours. I think I'd already rank him as 2nd only to David Stern. I don't know much about the guy, except for the standard photo attached to any articles on the NFL commissioner search. You know, the one where he looks albino-ish and mean.
Why 2nd? Well, Bud Selig and Gary Bettman, of course. As long as they chair their respective sports, it's hard to take them seriously. MLB refuses to get anywhere near a salary cap system, and has extremely weak revenue sharing. As long as MLB insists that its business model is good for the game, Bud Selig (or someone equally as ineffectual) 1will be the commish. Does that sound good to anyone?
And Gary Bettman. Does this even need to be explained? Yes, the NHL is back and it appears to be more successful than ever, with a bright future. The simple fact that it lost a year due to a labor stoppage is enough for Bettman to be resigned to the worst of the worst commissioners ever.
Congrats, Roger. You're already better than 1/2 of the commissioners! And may you take the advise of DJ Gallo, and put 2 teams in Los Angeles. Since they will inevitably fail, they can then be moved...one to San Antonio and one to Las Vegas. Works for me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home